How to Incorporate/ Start a Company in Malaysia (SDN BHD Company)?
First of all, pursuant to the New Companies Act 2016 (came into force w.e.f 31 January 2017), the process for Company Registration Malaysia (i.e. Sdn Bhd Company) can be done online:
- at RM1,060.00
- using only one (1) person name (long gone are the days where you need two(2) people to set up a Private Limited Company in Malaysia)
What is the Fee for Company Registration Malaysia?
The fee charged by Company Commission Malaysia (CCM Malaysia) involved are as follows:
- RM50.00 – Reservation of Name for 30 days
- RM1,010.00 – Incorporate Fees
What are Some of the Information Required for Company Registration Malaysia?
- Name of proposed Company – prepare 3 names just in case your first choice is taken (e.g.: LIGHTSABER MANUFACTURING SDN BHD, DEATH STAR SDN BHD or HAN SOLO SDN BHD);
WARNING: CCM Malaysia reserves the right to REJECT your name reservation submission, which will require you to make another name reservation – each name reservation will cost you RM50.00 – so choose wisely
- Principal Business Activity (e.g. Software Development, Construction & Renovation, or Car Rental);
- Information on Identification Card or Passport of Shareholder/Director – minimum of 1 person;
- Amount of paid-up capital (how much capital /modal are you injecting into the business); and
- Percentage of shareholding of each shareholder (if there are multiple shareholders).
Do You Still Need to Hire Company Secretary?
Yes, you will still need a company secretary for the following reasons:
- CCM Malaysia requires that you must appoint a company secretary within 30 days from the date of incorporation and that the position must not be vacant for more than 30 days. If you are late – Fees will be imposed for the late appointment of the company secretary.
- As soon as your Company is incorporated you will most probably need to open your account, as a result, a Company Secretary is required to prepare the resolutions and documents to that effect.
- You will need a Company Secretary to lodge your annual returns and other relevant documents to SSM such as the Company Constitution, Allotment of New Shares, Appointment of Directors and etc.
Worry with the process of Incorporation of your company? Let’s us help you:
Looking to hire Company Secretary for your company?Request Quotation